Each year, the Auxiliary group at the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum organizes the Spring Plant Sale, proceeds from which support work at the Arboretum.
The Plant Conservation Program contributes Minnesota native plant species, grown by our own staff and volunteers. We aim to offer species that will make beautiful additions to your garden and support wildlife, especially pollinators. All plants will be native to Minnesota, and will be grown from wild-collected (and properly permitted) seed or from seed collected from Arboretum natural areas.
List of plants that will be available at the 2019 sale:
- Blue Giant Hyssop (Agastache foeniculum)
- Swamp Milkweed (Asclepias incarnata)
- Common Milkweed (Asclepias syriaca)
- Butterfly-weed (Asclepias tuberosa)
- Whorled Milkweed (Asclepias verticillata)
- White Prairie Clover (Dalea candida)
- Rough Blazing Star (Liatris aspera)
- Northern Plains Blazing Star (Liatris ligulistylis)
- Dotted Blazing Star (Liatris punctata)
- Prairie Blazing Star (Liatris pycnostachya)
- Sweet Coneflower (Rudbeckia subtomentosa)
- Little Bluestem (Schizachyrium scoparium)